MOST POPULAR TELEVISION COMMERCIAL RULES & GUIDELINES
The Most Popular Television Commercial Award will recognise excellence in a commercial aired on a major metropolitan free-to-air network, subscription TV network or streaming service in Australia during the period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
2019 TV WEEK Logie Awards
The TV WEEK Logie Awards are presented annually to recognise, honour and reward individuals for outstanding achievement in television. Now in their 61st year, the Awards were launched by TV WEEK magazine in 1959, following the introduction of television to Australia in 1956.
The Most Popular Television Commercial Award will recognise excellence in a commercial first aired in Australia during the period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018. Eligibility of candidates is based on meeting the criteria outlined in this document.
Most Popular Television Commercial Award submissions due………Friday, February 8, 2019
Most Popular Awards voting survey live…….. Monday, March 4, 2019–Sunday, March 31, 2019
Official Nominations announcement via media release……… Sunday, May 26, 2019
ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY
- Entries can be submitted to TV WEEK in accordance with the rules and criteria provided.
- Entry cost is $495.00 per submission.
- All submissions must have had their first transmission in Australia for the period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018 on a major metropolitan free-to-air network, subscription TV network or streaming service.
- Entries must be submitted via a brand, media agency, creative agency or content agency.
- Eligibility of candidates is based on meeting criteria.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules and criteria will be rejected.
- TV WEEK reserves the right to add, revise or reject candidates. However, TV WEEK is not liable for any errors that are the result of incorrect information submitted.
- The submitter of the candidate assumes all costs and responsibilities for nominees attending the event. TV WEEK will not be held accountable.
- To streamline the submission process, all communication will be directed through the submitting contact at each agency.
- Entrants agree to indemnify TV WEEK for any loss or damage arising from any inaccurate, misleading or false declarations.
- Entries may not be withdrawn after submission deadlines.
SUMMARY OF VOTING PROCESS
Most Popular Television Commercial Award
Nominees and the winner of the TV WEEK Most Popular Television Commercial Award are voted for by the Australian public.
- Agencies may submit candidates for review by TV WEEK in accordance with the submission guidelines outlined.
- After reviewing the complete long-form list of all submissions, a panel of industry judges will narrow down the submissions to a shortlist of ten candidates. These ten candidates will be eligible for public vote during the Most Popular Voting period. Only one vote per person is allowed during Most Popular voting.
- The successful ten candidates will be displayed in a voting survey found on the Now to Love/TV WEEK website and digital properties. Image of candidate will be displayed with the opportunity to click off to a video article page in order to view all ten TVC’s. TV WEEK will undertake activities to promote voting to the public. However, each agency is encouraged to promote their candidates.
- TV WEEK may advise the submitting contact at each agency of successful nominations at its discretion, so that attendance and/or publicity can be coordinated as required. Each contact will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement, acknowledging that the nomination information is strictly embargoed until publicly revealed by TV WEEK.
- Nominees will be announced by TV WEEK prior to the TV WEEK Logie Awards Ceremony.
LISTINGS: CANDIDATES, NOMINEES AND WINNERS
- The ten candidates will be listed in alphabetical order.
- The Nominees and Winners’ press release is the definitive source of award winners’ information.
- Award winner will receive a TV WEEK Logie Award.
- TV WEEK will issue one TV WEEK Logie Award statuette for the win, and will not issue replicas of the Award.
Each nominee in this category has the opportunity to purchase two tickets to attend the 2019 TV WEEK Logie Awards Ceremony for $1,000 per ticket. John Flower from HotHouse Media will be in touch in 2019 to coordinate tickets once Nominations has been announced.
POWERS OF TV WEEK
- TV WEEK reserves the right:
- to rely solely on the information and material submitted with an entry without any obligation or expectation on TV WEEK to make further inquiries or communications with the Entrant or any other third party;
- to determine whether an entry is validly made in accordance with the Rules & Guidelines;
- to reject an entry not validly made in accordance with the Rules & Guidelines;
- to determine what process, if any, it may adopt to resolve the validity of any entry;
- to select any image for use in the TV WEEK Logie Awards voting survey other than those image/s provided by the Entrant;
- to select the membership of a jury and, where appropriate, to determine a jury’s processes and whether a jury may make a Nomination or determine a winner of an Award;
- to exercise a casting vote as a juror;
- to exercise a casting vote to determine a winner in the case of a tie, if required ;
- to vary any of the rules in the Rules & Guidelines at any time without notice. TV WEEK will endeavour to notify Entrants of any such variations;
- to allow or refuse an Entrant to make an amendment to the Form after the Closing Date for Entry or to the Supporting Materials after the Closing Date for Materials;
- to delegate any power, right or discretion to its delegate(s);
- to consult as required with the Scrutineer about any aspect of the application of the Rules
- TV WEEK may, at its discretion, waive compliance with the rules if it is satisfied that an Entrant is genuinely unable to comply with the Closing Date for Submissions.
- TV WEEK will not enter into any dispute between Entrants and a third party in relation to the entry of
a Commercial into the Awards or any other matter.
- TV WEEK will present one trophy to the winner of each Award Category.
- The decision of TV WEEK, including the decision of any jury, shall be final.
- TV WEEK retains a general right of discretion in relation to all matters relating to the Awards, notwithstanding any other provision of the Rules & Guidelines.
- TV WEEK may, at its discretion, choose to alter how the award is presented to the winner.
- All elements of the rules and guidelines and voting periods remain confidential. TV WEEK do not share voting statistics.
- Bauer Media, publisher of TV WEEK magazine, is the owner of all rights associated with the Logie Awards, including all intellectual property (IP).
- TV WEEK grants each submitting agency the non-exclusive right to use the TV WEEK LOGIES wording and logo and the TV WEEK logo (Bauer Media IP) and branding as is reasonably necessary in order to promote the voting of candidates. The TV WEEK Logie Awards logo, online voting creative, voting instructions and advertising regulations will be provided by TV WEEK before voting commences for the purpose of advance preparation.
- The use of the Bauer Media IP is only in the form and manner approved by TV WEEK. The Bauer Media IP cannot be amended, edited, cropped, manipulated, added to, deleted from or otherwise modified.
- The ceremony and awards must be referred to correctly at all times as “TV WEEK Logie Award’s”.
- The official event logo must be used; use of the statuette alone is not permitted.
- The TV WEEK Logie Award statuette may not be reproduced or used in any commercial manner unless prior permission has been obtained from TV WEEK.
- Please contact the TV WEEK Logie Awards Project Manager for IP permissions and queries.
For any queries relating to the 2019 TV WEEK Logie Awards, please contact Tamika Hennessey, TV WEEK Marketing Manager and TV WEEK Logie Awards Project Manager, email@example.com or ph: (02) 9282 8104;
or Louise Cankett, Marketing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: (02) 9282 8730.
MOST POPULAR TELEVISION COMMERCIAL AWARD
SUBMISSION AND VOTING PROCESS
The following information outlines the process that will be taken to recognise nominees and winners of the Most Popular Television Commercial Award:
- TV WEEK to provide agencies with criteria and submission requirements.
- One submission form is provided. Please note the number of entrants permitted per network for each Award.
- After carefully reading the criteria and agreeing to the terms of submission, agencies complete the submission forms. Submissions will only be accepted on the submission form provided.
In addition to the entry forms, stills of the commercial as well as a video of the commercial are required for the official Voting Survey and for editorial and publicity purposes.
- Image/s submitted must be a clear, photograph in jpeg form, approximately 300dpi
- Video submitted must be an MP4 video approximately 1920 x 1080
- If image is not supplied or are not suitable, TV WEEK will attempt to source images by other means or the entrant may not have any accompanying imagery on the voting survey.
- Agencies are required to include their IP address on the submission form and must ensure their submissions are complete and correct. TV WEEK takes no responsibility for incorrect submissions.
Entries are due Friday, February 8, 2019, with no exceptions.
- Submissions are reviewed by TV WEEK and Ernst & Young, independent voting scrutineer for the 2019
TV WEEK Logie Awards.
- All submissions will be reviewed by an industry judging panel. The top ten submissions as voted by the judging panel will be on the final candidate list and be eligible for public vote during the Most Popular Voting survey. Agencies will be notified if their submission makes it onto the final candidate list.
- Roy Morgan, in conjunction with TV WEEK, build and test the online Most Popular voting survey.
- Ernst & Young, independent voting scrutineer for the 2019 TV WEEK Logie Awards, review the test link and all communication to ensure the long-form list is presented accurately.
- Voting for the Most Popular Awards is open from Monday, March 4, 2019–Sunday, March 31, 2019.
- TV WEEK will encourage the public to vote with a print, TV, radio, social media and online advertising campaign.
- Agencies are encouraged to promote their candidates throughout this time, ensuring that any mention of the TV WEEK Logie Awards is done according to the rules outlined in the General Information section of this guide.
- Roy Morgan will govern the voting process and will advise TV WEEK of the official Nominee shortlist (five nominees) after the official audit is performed by Ernst & Young.
- Nominees will be announced by TV WEEK via the official nominations announcement. Agencies may be advised in advance of nominations. A confidentiality agreement acknowledging the strict embargo must be signed prior to TV WEEK revealing information.
- The TV WEEK Nominee press release is the definitive source of information.
- Nominees receiving the most votes will receive a TV WEEK Logie Award.
MOST POPULAR TELEVISION COMMERCIAL AWARD CRITERIA
5 entrants permitted per agency
This Award is to recognise an Australian commercial production between 15 seconds and 90 seconds, first televised on a major metropolitan free-to-air network, subscription TV network or streaming service in the period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
The commercial must have been produced by a predominantly Australian cast and crew.
The best ten submissions, as judged by the industry judging panel, will be shortlisted and eligible for Most Popular
public voting. Judges will judge all entries the following criteria:
- Production Values
- Entertainment Values
- Consumer response
- Reflection of Australia and its diversity