Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences on 15th October 2018 and ends at 23:59pm AEST/AEDST on 27th December 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- You must be aged 18 years or over to enter. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
- To enter online: In Australia, you can enter by going to going to https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/christmastastesbetter or in New Zealand, you can enter by going to https://www.foodtolove.co.nz/christmastastesbetter and then following the prompts to the competition entry page. At the competition entry page, you submit an online entry by voting for your favourite recipe (five recipes will be displayed for voting selection) and completing the entry form (including your full name, mailing address, email address and daytime telephone number) and submitting the entry as instructed during the Promotional Period.
- In both Australia and New Zealand, you can access the competition page via Shazam. Shazam codes will be featured in magazine, outdoor advertisement or point of sale during the Promotional Period, where you can open the Shazam app, tap the camera and scan the code which will take you to the above Australian or New Zealand competition page to enter.
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with the entry requirements.
- An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; or (f) unlawful. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the Promoter deems otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
- Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
Draw and award of prize
- The draw will take place at Greeneagle Distribution and Fulfilment, Unit 5/9 Fitzpatrick St, Revesby NSW 2212 on 10th January 2019 at 15:00pm AEST/AEDST.
- On the draw date, the Promoter will conduct a random draw to determine winners from valid Australian entries and another random draw for winners from valid New Zealand entries. The Promoter will also draw reserve winners in the event an original drawn Australian or New Zealand winners are invalid or ineligible. If this process does not result in all prizes being awarded, the remaining prize(s) will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw as set out below.
- The first valid (1) AU entry drawn from all valid AU entries received will win the following prize:
1 x Food Studio Session valued at up to AUD $7,548.75.
Return flights from Australian capital city to Sydney, transfers from Sydney airport to Bauer Media Sydney and transfers from Bauer Media Sydney to Sydney Airport valued at up to $1,000.
1 x Night accommodation in Sydney CBD Hotel valued at up to $500.
The next fifty (50) valid AU entries drawn from all valid AU entries received will win the following prize:
1 x 12 Month subscription to the winner’s preferred magazine out of Australian Women’s Weekly, Woman’s Day, NW, Gourmet Traveller, OK! and House & Garden valued at up to AUD $131.88 each.
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IN AUSTRALIA IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD $15,642.75 (including GST).
- The first valid (1) NZ entry drawn from all NZ valid entries received will win the following prize:
1 x Food Studio Session valued at up to NZ $7,548.75.
The next twenty (20) valid NZ entries drawn from all valid NZ entries received will win the following prize:
1 x 12 Month Bauer Media NZ Magazine subscription valued at up to NZ $150.00
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO NZ $10,548.75 (including GST).
- For sake of clarity, there are two separate prize pools, one for Australian entrants and one for New Zealand entrants.
- Some prizes may not be available or may be prohibited in New Zealand under New Zealand law. In that case, prizes will be offered to an equivalent New Zealand dollar value either in cash, vouchers or as a prize determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Only one prize will be awarded per person (excluding South Australian residents).
- The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry. The winner’s name will be published in bauer-media.com.au/competitions on 17th January 2019.
- The winner must take the prize as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
- If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- If a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter may substitute an alternative prize to substantially the same recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written direction from the various regulatory authorities.
- If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 11th April 2019 at the same time and place as the original draws in order to distribute any unclaimed prize(s), subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. A winner from this draw, if any, will be notified in writing using the contact details provided in their entry within 7 business days of the unclaimed prize draw and their name will be published on bauer-media.com.au/competitions for 28 days from 18th April 2018.
- The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia or New Zealand. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
- The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
- Products included in a prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style, etc.) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion.
- In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize that are the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Food Studio Session (AUS): The food studio session will be held at the Bauer Food Studio at 54 Park St Sydney NSW 2000 within 6 months of receiving the prize at the availability of the winner. Travel to and from the venue is the responsibility of the winner.
- Food Studio Session (NZ): The food studio session will be held at the Bauer Food Studio in Auckland, New Zealand within 6 months of receiving the prize at the availability of the winner. Travel to and from the venue is the responsibility of the winner.
- Magazine Subscription: The subscription will cease at the end of the 12 month term. There will be no further subscription communication or renewal offer.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may, subject to relevant state and territory rules and regulations, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
- Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
- The Promoter in Australia is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000) and in New Zealand is Bauer Media Group (NZ) LP of City Works Depot, Shed 12, 90 Wellesley Street, Auckland.
- Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/18/28323, SA: T18/1698, ACT TP 18/01862