NW PUZZLES - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to all residents of Australia. Entrants under 18 years must have prior parental or legal guardian consent to enter. Employees (and immediate families) of the Promoter, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process, (including but not limited to tampering by way of use of techniques designed to avoid the payment of postage costs). Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to each entry must be posted in a separate stamped envelope and must contain an official entry coupon from the magazine (no photocopies). Entrants must provide the correct solution for the puzzle on the official entry to be entered into the draw corresponding to that puzzle.
- To enter by mail: individuals must, during the Promotional Period, purchase either: NW Magazine Issue 19 (on sale 29/04/2019) OR NW Magazine Issue 20 (on sale 6/05/2019) OR Issue 21 (on sale 13/05/2019) OR Issue 22 (on sale 20/05/2019) from an authorised outlet during the promotional period, and correctly complete the puzzle corresponding to the prize “Crozzle” and write the correct solution on the official entry coupon found in corresponding issue and complete their details including their full name, mailing address, and day time telephone number and send the completed official coupon to NW Magazine Issue PO Box 459, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW 2004.
- The entire promotion commences 29/04/2019 and closes at 11:59pm on 06/06/2019. Each individual promotional period will commence and close on the dates stipulated in Table The draw will take place at Direct Response Australia, Unit D, 65 Reserve Road, Artarmon NSW 2064, on 10/06/2019 at 14.00 PM AEST. All times stipulated in these Terms and Conditions are in either AEST or AEDST as applicable. The winner will be notified in writing within seven (7) business days of the draw and winners’ names will be published online at www.bauer-media.com.au/terms/competition-terms on 17/06/2019.
- For the removal of doubt, all entries received from each individual promotional period (4 individual promotional periods) as stipulated in Table A, including both mail and online entries will be entered into the draw to win the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first (1) valid and correct entry drawn from all entries received during the entire promotional period will be deemed the prize winner and will win: $1,000 Cash.
Total prize pool is valued at $1,000.00 (including GST). Prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque made in favour of the winner.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 02/09/2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if one is required, will be notified in writing within seven (7) business days of the draw.
- The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the prize winner. Delivery of the prize is valid to any state and/or city in Australia.
- If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent/legal guardian to prove their parental status/ legal guardianship at the time of winner notification. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a winners parent and/or legal guardian, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to and administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking direction that relates to any ongoing family law negotiations and/or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent/s and/or legal guardian/s.
- The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these terms and conditions, all valid prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. All advertised instant prizes will be awarded.
- Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. In the event of a query as to the validity of an entry, the judges will determine whether or not the entry is to be deemed valid, taking into consideration all mitigating circumstances and knowledge available to them at the time of the judging. No correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- Ineligible, illegible, inaudible, incomprehensible or incomplete claims or entries received will be considered null and void. Instant win game materials are rendered void if stolen, forged, mutilated, incomplete or tampered with in any way. Photocopied or faxed claims or entries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; and (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia and New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.
- Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPM/18/03921
- For the purposes of NSW state lottery departments the individual prize pool will not exceed $1000 and the total prize pool for the entire promotion will not exceed $100,000.
For the sake of clarity, the first individual promotional period will commence on 27th Dec 2018 and the last closing date will be 11:59pm (AEDST) on 26th December 2019. The last draw will be on 10th December 2018.