Yours 100 Prize Giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences on 23rd November 2017 and ends at 11.59 AEDST on 13th December 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
3. Entry is open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter by mail: You can enter by completing the entry form coupon (including your full name, mailing address and daytime telephone number) found in Yours Issue 25 (on sale 23rd November 2017) and sending the entry form by mail so it is received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. Mail entries are to be sent to ‘Yours 100 Prize Giveaway, PO BOX 470, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW 2004’.
5. Multiple entries are permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately using an original coupon found in the magazine and in accordance with the entry requirements.
6. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; or (f) unlawful. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the Promoter deems otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
9. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
Draw and award of prize
10. The draw will take place at Bauer Media Level 11, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 14th December 2017 at 11.00 AEDST.
11. On the draw date, the Promoter will conduct a random draw to determine the winner(s) from valid entries. The Promoter will also draw reserve winners in the event an original drawn winner is invalid or ineligible. If this process does not result in all prizes being awarded, the remaining prize(s) will be awarded in the unclaimed prize draw as set out below.
12. The first one hundred (100) valid entries drawn from all valid entries will each receive one prize. Prizes will be awarded as per the following schedule:
No. 1 - 19 valid entries will each receive 1 x Peer Sorenesen and Scanpan platter pack) valued at up to $137.08 each
No. 20 – 39 valid entries will each receive 1 x L’Oreal Golden Age valued at up to $113.85
No. 40 – 49 valid entries will each receive 1 x $100 Katies Vouchers, valued at up to $100 each
No. 50 – 70 valid entries will each receive 1 x SodaStream Play Sparkling Water Maker, valued at up to $99 each
No. 71 – 100 valid entries will each receive 1 x Macmillan book packs, valued at up to $67.98 each
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD $9999.92 (including GST).
13. Only one prize will be awarded per person (excluding South Australian residents).
14. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within seven (7 ) business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry.
15. The winner must take the prize as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
16. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on the winner’s behalf. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent or legal guardian to prove their parental or guardianship status at the time of winner notification. If a person incorrectly represents themselves to be a winner’s parent or legal guardian, that person will be liable for all costs associated with re-delivering or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to any administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking directions that relate to any ongoing family law negotiations or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent or legal guardian.
17. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
18. If a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter may substitute an alternative prize to substantially the same recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written direction from the various regulatory authorities.
19. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will be held on 8th March 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw in order to distribute any unclaimed prize(s), subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. A winner from this draw, if any, will be notified in writing using the contact details provided in their entry within seven (7) business days of the unclaimed prize draw.
20. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
21. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
22. The prize does not include any installation or set-up of any of the products.
23. Products included in a prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style, etc.) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion.
24. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize that are the responsibility of the winner.
25. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
26. Vouchers and gift cards: Vouchers are valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issue. Redemption of vouchers, gift cards, tickets or passes is subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher or gift card. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher or gift card that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Any unused balance of a voucher or gift card will not be awarded as cash.
27. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may, subject to relevant state and territory rules and regulations, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
29. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
30. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000).