Tokens to Riches Promotion - Terms & Conditions ("Conditions of Entry")
|Promotion:||Tokens to Riches|
|Promoter:||Bauer Media Pty Limited ABN 18 053 273 546, 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Ph: 02 9282 8000|
|Promotional Period:||Start date: 05/04/18 at 09:00 am AEST (if from Australia) or 05/04/18 at 09:00 am NZST (if from NZ)
End date: 30/01/19 at 05:00 pm AEDT (if from Australia) or 30/01/19 at 05:00 pm NZST (if from NZ)
|Eligible entrants:||Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 18 years and over.|
|How to Enter:||To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) collect twenty (20) original tokens (found in issues Take 5 1815 through to Take 5 1852 – if from Australia or in issues Lucky Break 1815 through to Lucky Break 1852 – if from NZ). Tokens will appear randomly in the aforementioned magazine issues. Bonus tokens may be found in brand extensions such as Take 5 Monthly during the Promotional Period; and
(b) fully complete the entry form for the Promotion with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, phone number, full address and State/Territory/Region of residence), attach the 20 original coupons to the entry form and send to: Tokens to Riches, PO Box 404, Eastern Suburbs MC, Sydney NSW 2004 (if from Australia) or Tokens to Riches, Response bag 500226, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142 (if from Australia). The entry form will be available in select Take 5 magazine issues (at least 5 different issues) and select Lucky Break magazine issues during the Promotional Period. If an entrant purchases an issue which does not include the entry form, they may obtain an entry form for the Promotion by contacting email@example.com.
|Entries permitted:||Entrants may enter multiple times provided each entry is submitted separately in accordance with the entry instructions above (i.e. one (1) entry is permitted per different 20 tokens collected by an entrant, a separate entry form will need to be submitted with each set of 20 tokens collected). The entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize (excludes SA residents, who are eligible to win multiple prizes). By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.|
|Total Prize Pool:||Up to AUD $114,000.00|
|Draw & Game details:||The draw will take place at Greeneagle, Unit 5, 9 Fitzpatrick Street, Revesby NSW 2212, Australia at 12:00 pm AEDT on 31/01/19. The Promoter may draw reserve winners in case of ineligible or invalid entries.
The first five (5) valid entries drawn will win those entrants (“Participants”) the opportunity to play a contingency game (“the Game”) for the chance to win up to $100,000.
The Game will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia on 15th February 2019 at 10am AEDST. In order to participate in the Game, the Participant will also receive flights and accommodation for themselves and a guest (aged 18 years or over), as outlined below, valued in total at up to AUD$2,000 (if from Australia) or up to AUD$2,500 (if from NZ), depending on point of departure:
- 2 x return economy airfares from the Participant’s nearest capital city in Australia (if from Australia) or nearest of Auckland and Christchurch (if from NZ), to Sydney, NSW, departing on 14/2/19 and returning on 15/2/19; and
- one (1) night accommodation for 2 adults at a minimum 3-star hotel in Sydney, NSW.
If the drawn Participant resides within NSW, the Participant will be responsible for transport to and from the Game. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to in-room charges) and all other ancillary costs are not included.The Participant may need to provide a credit card at the time of accommodation check-in to cover any incidental costs. If the Participant cannot attend the Game, the Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to play the Game on his/her behalf provided the Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect before the start of the Game.
There will be five (5) envelopes on display at the start of the Game. One (1) envelope will contain a promotional message representing the $100,000 prize (“Major Prize”). The other four (4) envelopes will each contain a promotional message representing the $1,000 prize (“Minor Prize”). The Participant/proxy (“Attendee”) must choose only one (1) envelope without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other envelopes on display. If the Attendee is found to have breached this condition, he/she will be disqualified. The drawn Participant will win the prize specified in the envelope they (or the proxy for them) selects, subject to verification by the judges. Participants will choose an envelope in the order in which they are drawn i.e. first drawn Participant will have first pick of envelope, etc, until all 5 envelopes are distributed amongst the Participants.
The drawn Participant’s odds of winning the $100,000 Major Prize, are 1 in 5. The odds of being drawn as a Participant may be significantly higher than the odds of the drawn Participant winning the major prize, and will depend upon the number of entries received.
|Winner notification:||The winners will be notified via phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will be published in Take 5 magazine (Issue 9), available for sale from 21/02/19, and at Prizestolove.com.au by 05/02/19.|
|Unclaimed Prizes:||Prize(s) must be claimed by 11.59am AEDT on 06/02/19. If the Promoter has not been able to contact a winner by 11.59am AEDT on 06/02/19, or the winner is unavailable to attend the Game at the required time/date (15th February 2019 at 10am AEDST), and cannot nominate a proxy to attend in person on their behalf, they will forfeit their right to the prize. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn at 12:00 pm AEDT at Greeneagle, Unit 5, 9 Fitzpatrick Street, Revesby NSW 2212, Australia on 06/02/19 at 12:00 pm AEDT. The winners of the redraw will be notified via phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winners will be notified publicly (and their details published) in Take 5 magazine (Issue 9), available for sale from 21/02/19, and at Prizestolove.com.au by 08/02/19. If a winner from the re-draw is unavailable to attend the Game at the required time/date (15th February 2019 at 10am AEDST), and cannot nominate a proxy to attend in person on their behalf, or the Promoter cannot get in touch with the re-draw winner, they will also forfeit their right to the prize.|
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for any other prize or transferable. Prize cheque will be made payable in the winner’s name.
6. If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
8. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
10. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
11. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
13. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
14. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner (and their guest for the Sydney accommodation/flight component of the prize) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving a prize.
15. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
16. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) and/or Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ).
17. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
23. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
24. Authorised under: NSW:LTPS/18/22909; SA:T18/383, ACT:TP18/00438