THE AUSTRALIAN WOMEN’S WEEKLY WOMEN OF THE FUTURE 2018 COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The competition is only open to female Australian residents aged between eighteen (18) and thirty-four (34) years of age, as at the 24th May, 2018. Individuals must be available to participate and travel to Sydney for an interview between 9th July 2018 and 10th July 2018 and then must be also available to travel to Sydney, NSW on either Thursday 6th September 2018 OR Friday 7th September 2018 (date to be confirmed by the Promoter at a later date) in order to be eligible to enter. Employees of the Promoter, associated agencies and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Any winners from the previous Australian Women’s Weekly Women of the Future competitions (held from 2013 – present) are not eligible to enter the 2018 competition. However, all previous years’ entrants that did not win a prize, are eligible to enter again.
3. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining any winners or finalists. There are two (2) stages of the competition, as follows: (a) “The Nomination Stage”; (b) “Winners determined”
4. The Nomination Stage commences on 24th May, 2018 and closes on 28th June 2018 at 11:59pm (AEST) (“Nomination Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, individuals must have a current photograph of themselves that is no more than six (6) months old (“Photo”). The Photo must meet the following requirements:
- Digital photos (submitted online only) must be in JPEG form and must not exceed 3MB;
- The photograph must be a clear photograph of the individual’s face (front on and not twisted);
- Must be of the individual only, no group (including due and trio) photos permitted;
- The individual must not be wearing swimwear or lingerie in the Photo;
- The individual must be standing and not sitting or crouching down in the Photo;
- The Photo must not be taken in a mirror (i.e “selfie”); and
- Photo cannot be edited by filters, airbrushing tools, etc (including any camera, mobile app or social media applications).
The entrant’s Photo must be accurate representation of the entrant at the time of entry.
Then, individuals must nominate themselves by visiting www.nowtolove.com.au/womenofthefuture.
They must follow the prompts to the competition entry page, fully complete the online entry form during the Nomination Period, including:
- Their full name, date of birth, mailing address, valid email address, daytime contact phone number
- Answer to the competition question - a two-hundred and fifty (250) words or less paragraph telling the Promoter about themselves and their initiative that also incorporates an answer to the following question “How would you use the prize to achieve your dreams and benefit others?”
- Indicate which finalist category they wish to be judged in:
- Innovation and Technology
- Entrepreneur and Business
- Community, Health and Charity
And then submit their entry, fully completed as instructed
6. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
7. Any entrants wishing to enter as a group/duo, will be allowed to submit their entry, however if successful the submission would be deemed as one winner, therefore only one prize will be given in the event they are chosen.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of thecompetition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. The Promoter and/or Judges reserves the right, at any time, to decide which of the three categories (Innovation and Technology, Entrepreneur and business OR Community, Health and Charity) they best think the entrant fits in to. The Promoter/Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. During the nomination stage, entrants will be asked to tick one or multiple boxes where they think their entry will be best suited. They will only be judged under ONE category. If the entrant chooses multiple categories, it is up to the Promoter/Judges to decide which they will be judged under.
10. It is a condition of entry that the entrant agrees to the use of their entry (including but limited to their photograph) or to be interviewed/photographed at any time by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature (including but not limited to video feature) on this promotion to be developed and featured in Australian Women’s Weekly magazine, Now to Love website, social media pages or by AGL (prize supplier/ sponsor) or any other official sponsor (or in any other form of media it deems suitable). Details of this feature and dates will be determined by the Promoter. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
11. As a condition of entry into this promotion, each entrant licenses the Promoter and AGL to use their entry (including but not limited to their submitted answers and photograph) in any media for an unlimited time for the purpose of conducting the Promotion (including but not limited to future marketing of The Australian Women’s Weekly Women of the Future competition).
12. It is a condition of entering the Promotion that the entrant warrants to the Promoter that they understand that any arrangement entered into in relation to the publication of their entry does not create a relationship between the winner and the Promoter or AGL of employer and employee, principle and agent, partnership or joint venture.
13. Publicity of any particular entry or entrant over any other by the Promoter or in media generally will not be taken into consideration when determining a Finalist or winner. E.g. if one (1) entrant receives more publicity then another, this will in no way provide an advantage to the first mentioned entrant.
14. For the duration of the Promotion (i.e. until all obligations of the winners for this Promotion as outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are performed), the entrant must behave in a manner befitting their role as a brand ambassador for the Promoter and:
a.) not be involved in conduct:
i) of a scandalous, immoral or illegal nature likely to have an adverse effect on the image of the entrant and/or their association with the Promoter;
ii) of such a controversial nature which brings upon the entrant ridicule or condemnation from a substantial section of the public in Australia; and
iii) that is likely to bring the Promoter, its products or services, or its agencies or contractors into disrepute;
b.) has not entered into any other agreement or arrangement or understanding which would restrict or prevent his/her performing any of their respective obligations required under these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof;
c.) there is no restriction or obligation which would prevent the Promoter from using the entrant’s name, image, likeness, voice and/or comments/opinions, as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions; and
d.) he/she will not alter his/her physical appearance in any substantial manner (e.g. hair dye, hair-cut, etc) during the Promotion without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Promoter.
15. If the entrant has during the Promotion or prior to the Promotion appeared in any promotional campaign or activity and/or permitted his/her name, likeness, voice and/or image to be used in association with the advertising, marketing or promotion of any other business that manufactures, sells or promotes products and/or services similar to those promoted/sold/manufactured by the Promoter; he/she must disclose this fact to the Promoter. If based on the information, the inclusion of the entrant in this Promotion amounts to a conflict of interest for the Promoter, the entrant may, at the Promoter’s discretion, be deemed invalid and ineligible for a prize. If an entrant fails to disclose this information to the Promoter, the Promoter may also in its absolute discretion disqualify the entrant and forfeit their right to any prize.
16. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
17. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
18. Entrants must disclose any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of this competition and/or Australian Women’s Weeklymagazine. The Promoter can disqualify an entrant for failure to disclose any issues that may generate negative publicity and impact on the success of the competition and/orAustralian Women’s Weeklymagazine.
19. The Promoter reserve the right to disqualify an entrant if, in their complete discretion the Promoter deem that nominee’s continued involvement in the promotion will (in any way) negatively impact on the success of the promotion and negatively influence the general purpose of the promotion. For the removal of doubt the Promoter has the right to remove and/or disqualify a participant at any stage of the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. Each entrant agrees to inform the Promoter, before acceptance of any finalist/winner status related to this promotion of any unspent criminal convictions of any kind subsisting at the date of entry and will notify the Promoter immediately if there are any criminal charges brought against them after the date they are nominated up to and including the date of the start of the announcement of the winner. If any the entrant has criminal conviction against them, the Promoter may, at its discretion, invalidate the entrant and/or forfeit their right to a prize.
21. If a medical circumstance in some way restricts an entrant’s ability to enter the competition through the required mechanic, that entrant is still eligible to enter however they will be required to briefly state their circumstances upon entry.
22. If that entrant’s entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of their medical circumstances/the validity of their entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the Terms and Conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
23. Each valid entry received during the Nomination Period will be individually judged based on: (a) the literary and creative merit of the answers provided to the question; and (b) the entrant’s suitability to the competition based on all materials provided in their entry. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Round 1 judging will begin on 29th June, 2018 at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. Entries will be split into the 3 categories (Innovation and Technology, Entrepreneur and Business OR Community, Health and Charity) indicated in the entrant’s submission. Any entries who nominated multiple categories in their submission, will be reviewed by the Judges who will determine which they think the entry suits best (see clause 9). The judges will then determine the best three (3) entries in each category submitted in the Nomination Period who will be deemed a finalist in their nominated category and proceed to Round 2 of judging (“Finalists”).
The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
Finalists will be notified in writing and/or by telephone by 4th July 2018. Finalists feature will be published in the Australian Women’s Weekly magazine (September issue, on sale 16th August, 2018). The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
25. As a condition of entry and being deemed a Finalist, each Finalist will be required to travel to Sydney, NSW for an interview on a date between 16th July 2018 and 20th July 2018, as determined by the Promoter (“Interview”). In the event any Finalist is unable to travel to Sydney between these required dates they may be deemed invalid. Each Finalist will be notified of the selected date and time of the Interview at the time of Finalist status notification. The Promoter will provide travel in the form of one (1) x return economy airfare from the Finalist’s closest capital city to Sydney, NSW valued at up to $1,000 (including taxes / depending on point of departure) to attend the interview. In the event, there are no return same day flight available on the interview day, the Promoter will also cover one (1) x nights’ accommodation in a standard room in a minimum three (3) star hotel, valued at up to $300. The accommodation component will be awarded on the determination of the Promoter only and will be only issued if at their discretion is required. For the avoidance of doubt, the airfare and accommodation component of the Interview stage will only be provided if the Finalist resides outside of NSW. If the Finalist is from NSW, the airfare component of the prize will not be included and cash or another prize will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
26. All Finalists are responsible for any travel costs associated with travelling to and from the Interview/ departure point and all other costs associated with taking the Finalist prize (if applicable) - details of prize stipulated in clause 29.
27. Each Finalist agrees to be photographed and filmed by the Promoter or the Promoter’s agents during the Interview. All content obtained during the Interview may form part of a feature story to appear in any future issue of Australian Women’s Weekly magazine, on any of the Promoter’s or sponsors websites or social media pages and in any other media the Promoter deems suitable, in its absolute discretion. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times. If any Finalist cannot attend the designated Interview, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, allow the Finalist to submit the required content to the Promoter by one of the following ways including but not limited to photographs, videos, telephone interviews, skype calls and written responses etc.
28. A profile for each Finalist will be published by the Promoter on www.nowtolove.com.au/womenofthefuture. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, use content obtained from their Nomination entry or Interviews in the Finalist publication on www.nowtolove.com.au/womenofthefuture. The Promoter will have absolute discretion over what information about a Finalist is contained in any profile. Finalists are permitted to promote their profiles. If any Finalist wishes to promote their profiles or supply commentary related to their profile and this competition to any company or person engaged in the television, pay television or radio broadcasting, printed or electronic publishing, online media, telecommunications or advertising industries (or any company, person or entity which supplies services or programs to any such companies, persons or entities), the Finalist must obtain consent from the Promoter prior to doing so.
29. Finalist prize: Each Finalist will win the following prize package valued at up to AU$1,300, (depending on point of departure):
a.) A trip for the Finalist to attend the Women of the Future event in Sydney, NSW on either Thursday 6th September, 2018 OR Friday 7th September, 2018 (date to be confirmed by the Promoter closer to event date). The trip includes:
- one (1) x return economy airfare from the Finalist’s nearest capital city to Sydney, NSW (if required) valued at up to $1,000 (including taxes / depending on point of departure);
- one (1) x night accommodation in a standard room in a minimum of three (3) star hotel valued at up to $300;
- One (1) x ticket to the Australian Women’s Weekly Women of the Future 2018 event - at a location to be determined by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion;
For the avoidance of doubt, the airfare component of the prize will only be provided if the Finalist resides outside of NSW. If the Finalist is from NSW, the airfare component of the prize will not be included and cash or another prize will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. Finalist trip component of the prizes:
Trip component of each prize must be taken to coincide with the Australian Women’s Weekly Women of the Future 2018 event with flights departing on date stipulated by the Promoter in or around the 7th or 8th of September, 2018. Finalists need to be available for any media interviews/presentations on the 7th and 8th of September, 2018 following Award presentation as required and specified by the Promoter. The Itinerary of the event and requirements of each finalist to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and will notified to each finalist by 24 August, 2018.
Finalist Prize does not include transfers to and from the Finalists’ place of residence to the departure point, airport to hotel (and return) and hotel to event and return travel. These costs are the responsibility of the Finalist. Redemption of prizes is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prizes do not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. The Finalists are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Finalists may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all incidentals they may incur during their stay. Transport to and from Departure point including but not limited to additional Domestic airfares if required, any additional meals, any extra sightseeing or activities, any additional accommodation, personal spending money, and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the finalist. Prize also excludes medical expenses, items of a personal nature, beverages, optional tours not outlined, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights, room upgrades, travel insurance or other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize other than those specified. These costs and expenses are the responsibility of the Finalist. Any extension to the duration of the prize is at the Finalist’s sole expense and subject to availability at the time of booking. For the removal of doubt, taxes for domestic travel are included in the prize winning domestic airfares provided by the Promoter.
Prize is subject to availability at the time of booking. The booking time of the flights will be determined by the promoter in its complete discretion. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the Australian Women’s Weekly Women of the Future 2017 event is postponed, cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason whatsoever. Frequent Flyer points will not be included/obtained with this prize.
31. In Round 2, the judges as appointed by the Promoter will determine the one (1) x winner in each category. All 3 Finalists in each category as deemed in Round 1 will be submitted to Judges for judging.
32. Each Finalist may be permitted to supply supporting material to the Promoter, and this material may be used in the judging process of Round 2.
33. Each Finalist will be individually judged using the judging criteria set out by the Promoter including but not limited to: based on the impact of their idea and/or pursuit and their vision for growth, their leadership abilities and their plans for the scholarship (including material submitted in their initial entry and in any supporting material provided to the Promoter). The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
34. The Round 2 judging will take place at the Women of the Future Judging Event to take place on 12th July 2018. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judges will determine the best Finalist who will be deemed the Innovation and Technology winner and then the best Finalist (excluding the Innovation and Technology Winner) who will be deemed the Entrepreneur and Business Winner and then the best Finalist (excluding the Innovation and Technology and Entrepreneur and Business Winners) who will be deemed the Community, Health and Charity Winner. All winners will be notified verbally and in writing at the final event date TBC by the Promoter (either Thursday 6th September, 2018 or Friday 7th September, 2018).
35. The three (3) winners will each win the following prize package valued at up to AU$72,126:
a.) $15,000 (AUD) awarded in the form of EFT to the winner’s nominated account from The Australian Women’s Weekly/Bauer Media
b.) 1 x Full page colour advertisement in The Australian Women’s Weekly used to promote the winner’s cause within a 12 month period from winner announcement, valued at $37,126
c.) $20,000 (AUD) awarded in the form of EFT to the winner’s nominated account from AGL
36. The Australian Women’s Weekly full page advertisement component of the prizes: each winner will be eligible to submit a full page advertisement into an issue appointed by the Promoter of The Australian Women’s Weekly magazine.
a.) Advertisement will be booked into an issue of The Australian Women’s Weekly at a date stipulated by the Promoter, within a 12 month time period from the date the winner is announced;
b.) The Australian Women’s Weekly will work with the winner to create the advertisement. The winner will be asked to either provide an advertisement which The Australian Women’s Weekly will review and provide feedback before final submission, OR the winner can utilize Bauer Media’s designers to create the final page
c.) All feedback relating to the creative of the advertisement must be adhered to by the winner. The Australian Women’s Weekly will have final say on creative prior to print.
d.) If the full page advertisement does not apply to the winner’s cause/business or the winner does not wish to take up this component of the prize, then the winner will forfeit this element of the prize. No prize or cash will be given in lieu of forfeiting this element.
37. The total prize pool for the entire promotion is valued at up to $239,778 (depending on point of departure/taxes). Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
38. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
39. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
40. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
41. If for any reason a winner does not redeem a prize (or an element of a prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
42. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
43. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winners must sign all legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form and an Australian Women Weekly AGL Women of the Future Winner Agreement. The form of legal documentation will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion.
44. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the competition including but not limited to Photos, comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a.) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b.) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
c.) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
d.) the Content is the original artistic and/or literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
e.) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
f.) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
45. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
46. Each entrant grants to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future Promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The Promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of any submitted entry.
47. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright. The entrant will be solely responsible for their own entry and the consequences of submitting them. The entrant represents and warrants that:
Their entry is their own and:
a.) They own or have all necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the promoter to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all entries to enable inclusion and use of the entries in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions; and
b.) They have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the entry (including if the individual is a child – the child’s parent or legal guardian) to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the entry in the manner contemplated by these Terms and Conditions
48. Except with the Promoter’s prior written consent, no entrant is to supply commentary related to the competition or Australian Women’s Weekly of any nature to any company or person engaged in the television, pay television or radio broadcasting, printed or electronic publishing, online media, telecommunications or advertising industries (or any company, person or entity which supplies services or programs to any such companies, persons or entities) from the date of entry.
49. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
50. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
51. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant State and Territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
52. If for any reason a winner or finalist does not take or redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at or by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
53. If your entry is selected as a winning finalist entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the entry is deemed to be a winner/finalist, the winner/finalist will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
54. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
55. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
56. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
58. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.