Take 5 / Lucky Break Step-parent of the Year Promotion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences:
(a) in Australia, on 25th January 2018 and ends at 5:00pm AEST/AEDST on 19th April 2018 and
(b) in New Zealand, on 22nd January 2018 and ends at 5:00pm NZT on 16th April 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
3. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 18 years and over who purchase (during the promotional period) or subscribe (and receive) Take 5 magazine Issue 5, 2018 or Lucky Break magazine Issue 5, 2018. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. For the purposes of this competition, a step-parent is defined as a parent who is married or in a relationship with the father or mother of a child, but who is not that child’s biological father or mother.
5. To enter, during the Promotional Period:
(a) Purchase or subscribe to Issue 5 of Take 5 magazine (in Australia) or Issue 5 of Lucky Break magazine (in New Zealand);
(b) Complete the official entry form found within the magazine (including your full name, mailing address, email address, daytime telephone number) or sending an email and;
(c) Answering the competition question, in 500 words or less – “Why you deserve to win the title of Step-parent of the year?”
i. Posting your entry to:
1. (in Australia) Take 5 Step-parent of the Year Promotion, GPO Box 3525, Sydney NSW 2000; or
2. (in New Zealand) Lucky Break Take 5 Step-parent of the Year Promotion, PO Box 90423, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1142.
ii. Emailing your entry to:
1. Take5@bauer-media.com.au with the subject line “Take 5 Step-parent of the Year Promotion” including your full name, mailing address and telephone number.
2. Luckybreak@bauer-media.co.nz with the subject line “Lucky Break Step-parent of the Year Promotion” including your full name, mailing address and telephone number.
6. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
7. Mail entries must be submitted on the original entry form found in Issue 5 of Take 5 magazine or Lucky Break magazine. No copies of the official entry form will be accepted. All mail entries must be sent by standard Australia Post/New Zealand post.
8. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; (f) unlawful; (g) obscene; (h) defamatory; (i) discriminatory; (j) threatening; (k) pornographic; (l) harassing; (m) hateful; (n) racially or ethnically offensive; (o) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence; (p) capable of violating any law; or (q) capable of giving rise to civil liability. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the judges deem otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
9. In the event, an individual nominates another person for this promotion; the individual warrants to the Promoter that they have all permissions from the nominee to be entered into the promotion. In the event that the “entrant” is a winner and wishes not to participate in the promotion, the individual and the “winner” will forfeit all rights to the prize.
10. Entrants may enter themselves into this promotion or nominate a family member or friend. If the winning entry is a nominated family member or friend to win the promotion, the entrant accepts all of the winner’s liability under these Terms and Conditions. All nominees must be eligible to enter the promotion.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
13. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
14. The Promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary, artistic and creative merit. The judges’ decision will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable terms may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
16. You warrant to the Promoter that your entry is an original work that does not infringe the rights of any person. You warrant that you own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Promoter to use all trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your entry to enable inclusion and use of your entry in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions. If any part of the information provided by you in relation to you entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
17. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
18. You grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using your entry in connection with book publication and promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. The Promoter may amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of your entry.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright in connection with your entry. You will be solely responsible your entry and the consequences of submitting it.
20. The Promoter may use and may permit others to use your entry at its absolute discretion, including in connection with a story or feature on the Promotion to be published in any of its print or digital publications, without further remuneration or reference to you.
Judging and award of prize
21. The judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on 30th April 2018.
22. The best (1) valid entry as determined by the judges will win the following prize(s):
(a) If the winner is resident in Australia: AUD$1000.00 (awarded in the form of a cheque made in favour of the winner); or
(b) If the winner is resident in New Zealand: NZD$1000.00 (awarded in the form of a cheque made in favour of the winner).
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD $1000 (including GST).
23. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry
24. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia or New Zealand. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
25. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
26. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
29. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
31. The Promoter in Australia is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000) and in New Zealand is Bauer Media Group (NZ) LP of City Works Depot, Shed 12, 90 Wellesley Street, Auckland.