Take 5 Issue 4 Australia Day Colouring In Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences on 18th January 2018 and ends with last mail received on 9th February 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
3. If you are under the age of 18 years, you must have the prior consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter. Entry is open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter: Individuals must purchase Issue 4 of Take 5 magazine during the promotional period and go to the Australia Day Colouring pages found in the issue. Individuals must then colour in one or up to four of the pages in the Colouring In section and then submit the entry (including your full name, mailing address, email address, daytime telephone number) by mail so it is received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to: Take 5 Aussie Day colouring in competition, Take 5 Magazine, PO Box 3525 Sydney NSW 2001.
5. The entry must completed by hand, using but not limited to colour pencils, crayons, texters, gel pens, art markers, pens etc. No paint or computerized tools can be used to complete the entry. Entry must be submitted on original form/design found in Issue 4 of Take 5 magazine. No copies will be accepted. All entries must be sent by standard Australia Post products to be received by the Promoter.
6. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; (f) unlawful; (g) obscene; (h) defamatory; (i) discriminatory; (j) threatening; (k) pornographic; (l) harassing; (m) hateful; (n) racially or ethnically offensive; (o) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence; (p) capable of violating any law; or (q) capable of giving rise to civil liability. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the judges deem otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
9. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
10. The Promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the originality, creative merit, suitability to the promotion. The judges’ decision will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable terms may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
12. You warrant to the Promoter that your entry is an original artistic work that does not infringe the rights of any person. You warrant that you own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Promoter to use all trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your entry to enable inclusion and use of your entry in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions. If any part of the information provided by you in relation to you entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
13. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
14. You grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using your entry in connection with book publication and promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. The Promoter may amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of your entry.
15. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright in connection with your entry. You will be solely responsible your entry and the consequences of submitting it.
16. The Promoter may use and may permit others to use your entry at its absolute discretion, including in connection with a story or feature on the Promotion to be published in any of its print or digital publications, without further remuneration or reference to you.
17. It is a condition of participating in the competition that the entrants agree to the use of the entry by the Promoter or their agents for a story or feature on this promotion to be developed and featured in Take 5 magazine (or any other form of media it deems suitable) without further remuneration or reference to the participant. The inclusion of any such feature (including but not limited to creative control of the feature) will remain with the Promoter at all times.
Judging and award of prize
18. The judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on 9th March 2018.
19. The (1) valid entry as determined by the judges will win the following prize(s):
AUD$1000 – awarded in form of a cheque made in favour of the winner.
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD$1000 (including GST).
20. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry.
21. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on the winner’s behalf. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent or legal guardian to prove their parental or guardianship status at the time of winner notification. If a person incorrectly represents themselves to be a winner’s parent or legal guardian, that person will be liable for all costs associated with re-delivering or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to any administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking directions that relate to any ongoing family law negotiations or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent or legal guardian
22. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
23. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
24. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
25. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
27. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
28. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
30. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000).