AdNews Agency of the Year 2016
- Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Female residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, who work in the marketing and media industry and are attending the AdNews Agency of the Year awards held on Thursday, 3 March 2016 in Sydney. Employees of the Promoter and AdNews, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
- Only one entry per person will be permitted.
- The promotion commences on Monday, 22nd February 2016 and closes 23:59 (AEDST) on Monday, 29th February 2015. The judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media (Promoter) 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on Tuesday, 23rd February 2016. The winner will be notified by telephone and by email using the contact details given in their entry.
- To enter, individuals must have a valid AdNews Agency of the Year Awards night ticket. Individuals must then send an email to: email@example.com their full name, company name, daytime contact number and attach a picture (flat lay) of what you would take with you in your handbag to the awards to stay looking fabulous during the night and answer the competition question in 100 words or less: “why you can’t survive an awards night without these items?”
- Photograph (submitted) must be in a JPEG form of a maximum of 3MB.
- Entrants must retain their original copy of their AdNews Agency of the Year 2016 awards night ticket for their entry into this competition. Failure to produce the required ticket when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of the entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to the prize.
- This is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided and suitability to the promotion. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
- The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
- Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of employment) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The best (1) valid entry as determined by the judge will be deemed the major prize winner and will win:
- Two (2) Hair appointments for a wash and blow dry only for the winner and a companion at Renya Xydis, 172 Castlereagh St, Sydney valued at up to $75.00 per person
- Make-up for two (2) people from Napoleon Perdis, Westfield Sydney, Shop 2049, 188 Pitt St, Sydney valued at up to $95.00 per person.
The Total prize pool is valued at up to $340.00 (including GST). All components of the prize must be redeemed in full and as a package on 3 March 2016. Travel to and from the appointments is not included. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner.
- The hair appointment is booked for Thursday 3 March 2016 at 3:00pm only. No changes to booking times can be made. In the event that the winner does not attend the appointment or cancels the appointment, the winner will forfeit this component of the prize and no alternative prize will be awarded to the winner.
- The makeup appointment is booked for Thursday 3 March 2016 at 4:00pm only. No changes to booking times can be made. In the event that the winner does not attend the appointment or cancels the appointment, the winner will forfeit this component of the prize and no alternative prize will be awarded to the winner.
- The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the Adnews Agency of the Year awards (event) is postponed, cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason whatsoever.
- Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
- In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- No responsibility will be taken by the promoter in the event that the original entry (including but not limited to the submitted photograph) is lost or damaged during the process of submission.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.