Terms and Conditions
EMPIRE - Facebook Competition - Graphic Festival Promotion
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are new or existing fans of the Empire Facebook page. Entrants under 18 years old must have prior parental/legal guardian consent to enter. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences at 09:00 AEST on 14th October 2016 and closes at 23:59 AEST on 26th October 2016 (“Promotional Period”). The judging will take place 28th October 2016 at the Promoter’s premises, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The Judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing using contact details provided in their entry.
4. To enter, individuals must during the Promotional Period access the Empire Facebook Page on https://www.facebook.com/EmpireAust. Individuals must then “Like” the Empire Facebook Page and answer the question, “In 25 words or less, what is your favourite ‘70s sci-fi flick, and why?”. Email your answer to email@example.com with your name, address, current email address and daytime telephone number.
5. Limit one (1) entry per person.
6. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.
7. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit of the answer to the question and creative and suitability to the promotion. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
9. The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promoter’s or their agents book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
10. Entries must not be offensive, defamatory or racist. Any entry which the judges deem inappropriate will be invalid. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. All entries at the end of the Promotional Period will then be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judges will then determine the major prize winners.
13. The best two (2) valid entries as determined by the judges will be deemed the major prize winners and will win a double pass to see THX 1138 at the Graphic Festival on November 4th, valued at $90 per pair.
14. The total prize pool is valued at $180. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize. These are the responsibility of the winner.
15. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
16. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner’s parent/legal guardian to prove their parental status/ legal guardianship at the time of winner notification. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a person/s mistakenly represents themselves to be a winners parent and/or legal guardian, then that person will be liable for all costs associated with relocating and/or re-awarding the prize (including but not limited to and administrative fees incurred by the Promoter). Where relevant, the Promoter is only responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded to a person who is either a parent or legal guardian of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for determining any other delivery details or taking direction that relates to any ongoing family law negotiations and/or determinations. These are the responsibility of the winner and their respective parent/s and/or legal guardian/s.
17. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
18. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value.
19. The promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any late lost or misdirected mail (including but not limited to prizes).
20. The Promoter is not responsible nor liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of their prize.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster)the Promoter reserves the right to subject to reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances/ the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is conditions of accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
28. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this promotion is governed by the Privacy Notice (see www.bauer-media.com.au for location of privacy notice).
29. By entering this promotion, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the promotion, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter’s other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
30. The Promoter is Bauer Media Action Sports Pty Limited (ABN 19 079 430 023) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000.