AWW FOOD Grand Bistro Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences on 7th May 2018 and ends at 11:59 AEST/AEDST on 3rd June 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
3. You must be aged 18 years or over to enter. Entry is open to Australian residents who purchase Issue 38 of AWW Food Magazine from an authorised outlet. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter by mail: You can enter by sending in your answer to the competition question – “What’s the grandest bistro dish you’ve ever had?” with your contact details (including your full name, mailing address, email address and daytime telephone number) to AWW FOOD Magazine, Level 1, 54 Park Street, Sydney 2000 in a stamped, business-sized envelope (220mm x 110mm or smaller) so that it is received by mail by the Promoter during the Promotional Period.
5. To enter by email: You can enter emailing your answer to the competition question – “What’s the grandest bistro dish you’ve ever had?” with your contact details (including your full name, mailing address, email address and daytime telephone number) to email@example.com so it is received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period.
6. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
7. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; (f) unlawful; (g) obscene; (h) defamatory; (i) discriminatory; (j) threatening; (k) pornographic; (l) harassing; (m) hateful; (n) racially or ethnically offensive; (o) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence; (p) capable of violating any law; or (q) capable of giving rise to civil liability. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the judges deem otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for late, lost or misdirected mail enclosing an entry, or an entry not being received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever.
10. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
11. The Promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit. The judges’ decision will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable terms may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
13. You warrant to the Promoter that your entry is an original work that does not infringe the rights of any person. You warrant that you own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Promoter to use all trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your entry to enable inclusion and use of your entry in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions. If any part of the information provided by you in relation to you entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
14. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
15. You grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using your entry in connection with book publication and promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. The Promoter may amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of your entry.
16. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright in connection with your entry. You will be solely responsible your entry and the consequences of submitting it.
17. The Promoter may use and may permit others to use your entry at its absolute discretion, including in connection with a story or feature on the Promotion to be published in any of its print or digital publications, without further remuneration or reference to you.
Judging and award of prize
18. The judging will be conducted by the panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on [4th June 2018].
19. The best valid entry as determined by the judge will win the following prize:
1 x 2 nights stay at Grand Bistro Cellar Door overlooking Howards Lane Vineyard, valued at up to $580.
1 x breakfast at Grand Bistro, valued at up to $80.
1 x dinner at Grand Bistro, valued at up to $200.
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO AUD $860 (including GST).
20. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry.
21. The winner must take the prize as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
22. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
23. If a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter may substitute an alternative prize to substantially the same recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written direction from the various regulatory authorities.
24. The prize will be delivered to the nominated address of the winner, provided that address is in Australia. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery of the prize by a third party or for any damaged caused to the prize during delivery.
25. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
26. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize that are the responsibility of the winner.
27. Prize does not include travel to and from the accommodation venue, spending money, all other meals and beverages (unless specified above), insurance and or ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. These are the responsibility of the winner.
28. Prize must be redeemed as a whole before 04/06/19. Accommodation booking is subject to availability. Blackout periods may apply. Accommodation is not valid for long weekends.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
30. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
31. Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the prize subject to the standard terms and conditions and guidelines of the accommodation venue and the activity service provider. Failure to follow the standard rules and guidelines presented will result in the winner forfeiting their right to participate in the said activity
32. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
34. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
35. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
37. The Promoter in Australia is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000).