Nivea Sun Swim Play Competition
Terms and Conditions
MOTHER & BABY – NIVEA SUN, SWIM & PLAY COMPETITION – GAME OF SKILL
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2) Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. Entry is not open to employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and all companies and agencies associated with this promotion.
3) Entry is via either;
Email: To enter email email@example.com and answer the following question in 25 words or less “What is your favourite family summer moment?” Entrants must also supply their full name, postal address, and daytime contact number.
Mail: Post your entry to NIVEA SUN Swim & Play Summer Holiday Promotion, PO Box 438, Eastern Suburbs MC, NSW, 2004 and answer the following question in 25 words or less “What is your favourite family summer moment?” using the form provided in the October/November 2011 and December/January 2011 issues of Mother & Baby magazine. Entrants must also supply their full name, postal address, email address, and daytime contact number.
AND the entry must not be, without limitation:
n) racially or ethnically offensive;
o) capable of encouraging of conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
p) capable of violating any law;
q) capable of giving rise to civil liability.
4) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries at anytime during or after the promotional period, and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process (including but not limited to tampering by way of the utilisation of techniques designed to avoid the payment of postage costs) or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5) The Promoter’s decisions in relation to all aspects of this promotion are final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
THE PROMOTION PERIOD
6) The total promotional period commences on 28 September 2011 at 00:01am AEST and final entries close 7 December 2011 at 23:59pm AEDST (the Promotion Period).
7) All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
8) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, or entries not received by the Promoter for any reason whatsoever. Entrants should not send in original copies of their entries. No responsibility will be taken by the promoter in the event that the original entry is lost or damaged in editing.
9) Each valid entry can only be submitted once during the Promotion Period. For the removal of doubt, a person may submit more than one entry so long as it is substantially unique.
10) Each valid entry received during the Promotion Period will be submitted for judging. Judging will take place at the Promoters premises on Monday 12th December 2011. Judging will be done by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The winners will be notified by telephone and in writing using contact details provided in their entry. The Major Prize winner’s name will be published in the February/March issue of Mother & Baby (on sale 25 January 2012).
11) This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the identity of the winners. All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be individually judged based on literary, creative merit and suitability of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
USE OF ENTRIES
12) The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is an original artistic work of the Entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third parties. If the entry or any part of the information provided to the Entrant in relation to the entry was provided by a third party, the Entrant warrants that they have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of this promotion. The entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
13) The Promoter is entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using the entries for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The promoter is entitled to amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of the submitted entry.
14) The best (1) entry as determined by the judges will be deemed the major prize winner and win:
- Return economy flights for two (2) adults and two (2) children from the winner’s capital city to Coolangatta Airport valued at up to $2520 (depending on point of departure).
- Five (5) nights’ accommodation for two (2) adults and two (2) children in minimum of three (3) star hotel valued at up to $1892.
- Four (4) x Five (5) day Freedom Pass with Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle including door to door return Gold Coast Airport Transfers, unlimited door to door theme park transfers and unlimited travel on the local bus network, Surfside, valued at up to $286.
- Four (4) x Super Passes that include unlimited entry into Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet’n’Wild Water World over 14 consecutive days. Not Included: Personal expenses - food and beverage, retail purchases, merchandise, photographs, helicopter flights, tube hire, locker hire, water sports, animal adventures, coin-operated games or special events valued at $496.
Total value of the major prize is valued at up to $5194.00 (depending on point of departure)
15) The next five (5) best entries as determined by the judges will be deemed the Runner’s Up winners and will each receive:
$150 to put towards swimming lessons in their local area – awarded in the form of a cheque made in favour of the winner.
The total prize pool for the promotion is valued at up to $5944.00.
16) All prizes are subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prizes do not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. All prizes must be redeemed in full by 15 December 2012 otherwise the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
17) Prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass/ letter, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass/ letter. The Promoter will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass/ letter that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. Redemption of the prize subject to the standard terms and conditions and guidelines of the accommodation venue and the activity service provider. Failure to follow the standard rules and guidelines presented will result in the winner forfeiting their right to participate in the said activity.
18) Redemption of Super Pass is subject to the terms and conditions of the vendor at http://myfun.com.au/.
19) The Super Pass entitles the holder to unlimited entry to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Water World for fourteen (14) days from date the pass is first used BUT NOT:- to special events conducted outside advertised park trading hours; nor on Christmas Day and ANZAC Day.
20) On any valid day entry is permitted ONCE to each selected park. Any extensions or refunds as a result of limited visitation or suspension are not allowed.
21) The Super Pass does not entitle the holder to: entry to the Sea World Resort Water Park, Sea World Helicopters or Sea World Animal Adventures; nor Annual Pass member benefits.
22) The Super Pass is not transferable, cannot be sold, cannot be given to anyone else to use, is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used with any other offer.
23) Village Roadshow Theme Parks (“VRTP”) may cancel or suspend the Super Pass and/or remove the holder from a park if they breach ANY park rules which are set out at the front gate of each park. VRTP reserves the right to close rides and/or attractions on a permanent or temporary basis during the life of the Super Pass.
24) The original Super Pass must be presented to be allowed entry to a park. NO PASS - NO ENTRY
25) If the Super Pass is lost, stolen or damaged $20.00 is payable to obtain a replacement pass. If the Super Pass is stolen the replacement fee may be waived if a documented police report is provided.
26) The VRTP Conditions governing use of the VRTP Super Pass are governed by the laws in force in the State of Queensland, Australia.
27) All elements of the prize are subject to availability with no cash alternative and the prize package is non-transferable and non-refundable. Winner(s) cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the prize (in whole or in part).
28) If winner is unable to fulfill prize during time period, winner forfeits the prize package with no compensation or further liability of the promoter. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
29) If the prize or portion of the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
30) The Promoter reserves the right to ask a prize winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
31) Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
32) No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated and awarded. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or any element thereof for a prize or similar element of comparable value.
33) The Promoter reserves the right to ask any prize winner to sign a release as a condition of accepting their prize.
34) If a prize winner is disqualified in accordance with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entry from the same episode as determined by the Promoter at its absolute discretion.
35) If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may take any action available, including to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any direction given under the relevant Lottery and Gaming Regulation and state/territory permit regulation.
36) All prizes must be taken as offered. The prizes are valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
37) The Promoter and their respective agencies and companies associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this promotion or the awarding or taking of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. By entering this promotion, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the promotion and in taking of any prize.
38) The Promoter and their respective agencies and companies associated with this promotion take no responsibility for prizes damaged in transit.
39) To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable to you in respect of any claim for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any personal injury suffered by you as a result of or in connection with the Promoter’s Promotion.
40) The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. If the Promoter has not been able to contact the winner within 3 months of the determination date, or for any reason a prize remains unclaimed for 3 months after the determination date, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the next best and most popular valid entry as determined by the judges will be deemed an “Unclaimed Prize Winner”. The Unclaimed Prize Winner will be contacted by telephone and in writing.
41) It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner agrees to be interviewed, photographed and/or filmed at any time during the acceptance of the prize by the Promoter or their agents. There is no obligation upon the Promoter or to use such images or footage but if the Promoter elects to do so, the winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in any media for the purpose of promoting this competition, (including any outcome), the Promoter itself, for an unlimited period of time without remuneration.
42) The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, including the entry itself, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at their address set out below.
43) The Promoter is: ACP Magazines Ltd., ABN: 18 053 273 546, of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. You can contact ACP Magazines in relation to the Promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02) 8267 9510.
44) The collection, use and disclosure of personal information in connection with this Promotion is governed by the Promoter’s Privacy Notice and these Terms and Conditions.