Average issue market share - Circulation
Source: ABC Audit (Monthly July 2012- December 2012; Weekly October 2012 - December 2012)
Circulation is an audited measure of the number of magazines sold per issue over the publishing frequency of a title i.e. monthly, weekly, bi-monthly etc.
Two separate bodies measure circulation in Australia:
o The ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulations) measures paid copies of consumer magazines that are sold at newsagencies and supermarkets
o The CAB (Circulations Audit Board) measures titles with controlled distribution
Average issue market share - Readership
Source: Roy Morgan Readership July 2011 – June 2012
Australian readership data is provided by Roy Morgan Research and is the industry currency for print media in Australia. Readership is based on the result of a national face-to-face survey and measures all people who read the magazine, not just those who buy it. More than 50,000 people are surveyed and the data is weighted against the ABS.
BAUER MEDIA GROUP DOMINATES THE AUSTRALIAN READERSHIP MARKET, WITH ALMOST TWICE THE SHARE OF OUR NEAREST COMPETITOR!
THE RESULTS OF THE ROY MORGAN READERSHIP SURVEY JANUARY 2012 – DECEMBER 2012 CONFIRM THAT BAUER MEDIA TITLES HAS CONSOLIDATED ITS MARKET LEADING POSITIONS IN THE FOLLOWING KEY MAGAZINE CATEGORIES:
• WOMAN'S DAY - NO 1 WEEKLY TITLE
• THE AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY - NO 1 MONTHLY TITLE
• COSMOPOLITAN - NO 1 WOMEN'S LIFESTYLE TITLE
• DOLLY – NO. 1 YOUTH TITLE
• HOUSE & GARDEN - NO 1 ASPIRATIONAL HOMES TITLE
• GOURMET TRAVELLER - NO 1 PREMIUM LUXURY FOOD & TRAVEL TITLE
• ROLLING STONE - NO 1 MUSIC MAGAZINE
• QANTAS THE AUSTRALIAN WAY - NO 1 IN-FLIGHT TITLE
• FOXTEL MAGAZINE - NO 1 PAY TV TITLE