ZOO Weekly and Lynx partner in ZOO's ballsiest issue
ZOO Weekly and Lynx are teaming up in ZOO's ballsiest issue ever to launch the new Lynx shower gel.
The Lynx 'Clean Your Balls' campaign shows men the importance of being 'man clean' and how Lynx shower gel can help them achieve it.
Lynx brand ambassador, singer/songwriter and actress Sophie Monk, graces the cover of ZOO Weekly for the first time ever in the ballsiest issue and also stars in a video send-up of the quintessential daytime TV advertorial, demonstrating how Lynx shower gel can clean balls of any persuasion – be they brand new golf or vintage rugby.
Activity spans three consecutive ZOO editions (4th, 11th and 18th June), with the ballsiest issue hitting newsstands next Monday, 11th June.
The ZOO/Lynx 'Clean Your Balls' campaign partnership includes:
· Six-page promotional spread with models showcasing new Lynx shower gel (11th June issue)
· Three-minute video featuring Sophie Monk (accessible via ZOOTube on the ZOO Weekly website, YouTube and off the pages of ZOO by using the new ACP augmented reality application, VIEWA)
· Product sample tip-on (4th June ZOO issue)
· Lynx brand advertising promoting the shower gel
· Opportunity for readers to request product samples
· Behind the scenes footage of the ZOO/Lynx promotional shoot accessed via VIEWA
· Promotion through ZOO social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
ZOO Weekly Editor Tim Keen said: "This provocative, tongue-fully-planted-in-cheek campaign for Lynx absolutely syncs with ZOO's ethos of doing outrageous things with a big dose of humour. We had a lot of fun creating it and we think our readers will love it, too.”
Duncan Robertson, Lynx Senior Brand Manager at Unilever, said: “We have worked closely with the team at ZOO Weekly to bring this campaign to life across a number of different platforms. ZOO Weekly and Lynx are two maverick brands aimed at young men who like their humour sharp and edgy and this campaign responds to that. Partnering with ZOO and using new technologies such as the ZOOTube to host the viral, along with the new VIEWA app to bring content to life, is a first for this product category and something we’re very excited about.”
Louise Barrett, Director of Sales, ACP Magazines, said: “This promotion of Lynx across the three issues of ZOO Weekly demonstrates great alignment between the two brands to deliver an integrated and enhanced reader experience. We’re very pleased that we’ve been able to work so closely with the Unilever team in creating this edgy and humorous campaign.”
To watch the Lynx 'Clean Your Balls' video featuring Sophie Monk video visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srilt-2UPPQ
Note to editors: images are available upon request.